Friday 29 December 2006

What equipment do you use to take your photos?

For some strange reason I get quite a few emails asking me what equipment I use to take my images , or that I would recommend for someone else to use.

Apart from finding this a little bizarre, (it's not like I'm a household name or anything) I also rarely have the time to compose a detailed reply to people's questions... so I decided to create this part of my blog where I can refer inquisitive types to.

I've split everything into a few different sections linked from this page, and hopefully everything relevant has been documented. Now when someone asks, I can say, "Looky here" and (hopefully) all questions will be answered.

I've also includfed what I think of each bit of equipment I use so that it's kind of like a mini-review. It'll be a far cry for some of the massively scientific pixel-peeping doodars that people on certain photo websites create, but it will be my opinion based on my experience using the equipment in the field.

A large emphasis will be placed on usability, rather than 'image-quality', this is because I feel strongly that it's pointless having the sharpest/fastest/megapixelly gear, if you can't coax it into doing what you want easily. If you can't get what you want, you may as well not bother.

Please feel free to browse the different sections below...

No comments: