Wednesday 12 September 2007

Great service

The ThrillsMoaning is easy, but when I receive great service from a company, shop or otherwise I like to talk about that just as much. So here goes...

This summer I took delivery of a Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 DC telephoto zoom lens to use at festivals. I'd had terrible luck so far, with two lenses breaking in two months. My much loved Tokina 80-200mm f/2.8 had some sticky aperture problems, so I purchased a Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 AF second-hand, which broke within one day of use.

I decided on the Sigma, mainly because I was missing shots when performers came to the front of the stage (80mm was too long) and also because the AF was so sluggish on the old Nikon, that I though Sigma's HSM would be a very welcome addition.

I was very pleased with the lens for the day and a half I used it before my run of bad luck struck once more and the lens died (they say these thing come in threes!). Of course, I was disappointed, but then I suppose these things happen to the best of us.

I contacted Sigma support through their website, and they asked for me to send the lens in to be looked at, so I packed it up and posted it off, not expecting to see it for a good long while. To my surprise, the lens was returned to me in just over a week, functioning perfectly!

The picture on this post was one of the few I managed to take with the lens before it died. It's a great lens, very sharp and quick to focus. I'm very glad to have it back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its good to feel it to.
Happy holidays
Digital Photography