Monday 12 February 2007

Drowned in Sound - Decemberists review

Rob Webb's account of the evening can be seen here.

It tickled me that Rob, felt it appropriate to mention my frustration at the band's control over the venue that evening. When I arrived, the security informed me that I wouldn't be allowed into the pit, at the request of the band. No problem, I thought, I've shot many a gig from the crowd before, there's no reason why this one should be any different. It'll just be a little more stressful, that's all. Lucky I brought plenty of tobacco with me eh?

It was just as I was entering that I was then informed, "oh, and the venue is no smoking tonight, also at the request of the band."...

Arrrrgh!

To be fair, the Leadmill has never been such a pleasant place. The air was clean, and the crowd was attentive (except for a few fellow smokers, getting tetchier as time passed!).

Maybe this whole public smoking ban malarkey isn't such a bad idea after all. I'd better hurry up and quit in time!

No comments: